Wednesday 7 August 2013

Chunky Knit Throws

I have to say, I'm really enjoying our Kiwi winter this year. Here in Hawke's Bay, we've been blessed with gorgeous clear days (most of the time), and crisp cool nights. My favourite time of the evening is after dinner, when I get a chance to relax with the Mr and kids. The girls clamber onto the sofa with an assortment of old blankets to snuggle into, and in the morning I whisk them away before any visitors arrive.

What I really need are some blankets that are cosy and delicious, and look great too. Something I'm happy to keep out on display - a throw that will enhance my living room, bringing texture and warmth. Something just like this...



These lovely chunky throws are the result of a project near and dear to the heart of Amy from Milo & Mitzy blog. Passionate about New Zealand wool and quite partial to Scandinavian design, she'd been trying to source the beautiful chunky knit throws she'd been seeing in her travels on the internet. She found some in America, but it seemed crazy to get one shipped from New York, when she was married to a farmer, and surrounded by sheep.

So she got busy, secured some beautiful
New Zealand wool, and had these blankets knitted for her locally. Measuring 1m x 1.5m, they are perfect to throw over a sofa or bed, or on your favourite chair. They look amazing in ivory or charcoal and are super cosy.




Amy is selling these gorgeous throws for $480 + postage. For more information, or to order one, drop Amy an email, she'd love to hear from you.


photos by Sarah Horn

6 comments :

  1. Can you believe that we need woolly throws out on our sofa all year around? These beauties made my heart skip a beat! They are gorgeous Amy! I recently picked up knitting again to relieve stress but I think these might be beyond my capabilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knitting needles are so big that you have to stand up to knit. Not very relaxing, Meghan. More of a workout :) x

      Delete
  2. I love those chunky knits, have you seen the round knitted pouffe's? I also recently saw an amazing knitted rug, it was so chunky I cannot imagine the size of the needles it was knitted on.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy has done so well - they are amazing! I love the photo styling and that pic of Amy & Frankie is so scrummy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for interest what are the measurements of the needles. Broomsticks actually look too small. And what is diameter of the wool. Im keen to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't know. I don't knit these blankets myself, I just blogged about a woman who was having them made and selling them. I'm sure you could find out if you did a Google search. Good luck x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips