Thursday 20 December 2012

Casa Cárdenas

I found the image below on a tumblr site yesterday, and was immediately captivated by the beautiful tiles, and I'm always a sucker for oversized typography. It's really hard to trace the origin of a photo from a tumblr site, but luckily one of my lovely Facebook friends, Lisete, gave me the link. Because the rest of the home was equally as gorgeous, I thought I should share it with you.



Emma Sloley and Adam McCulloch are a couple of Aussies living in New York, writing for magazines such as Departures and Travel & Leisure. They fell in love with the Mexican state of Yucatán while on an assignment, and decided it was the perfect place to work on book projects. After renting various houses Emma and Adam finely decided to purchase a home which they set about renovating with a Maya construction crew.

About a third of the house was gutted, with an extra story, a guest casita and a pool added. Glass curtains in place of solid walls means that you can see right through from the entrance to the backyard. I don't know about you, but living in this home, writing books, with the occasional dip in the pool, and a margarita or two, sounds like a pretty idillic life to me!









via

1 comment :

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you tracked it down! Amazing entrance and tiles - especially love the bathroom x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips